Debbie Coll is a Melbourne-based author, songwriter and composer with a passion for telling good stories in any medium. She’s scored multiple student films, and loves providing a fresh take on old fairytales in her songs.
Hellooooo, it’s Debbie! Here are ten things you should know about me…
- I’m a Christian, and my favourite Bible parable is found in Matthew 13:44.
- I’m a trained composer, which simply means I have scored some films, written some essays and composed in mobile form to pass a couple of subjects :P. Starting next March, I’ll also start training with the Author Conservatory.
- I used to struggle choosing whether I should go into music or writing, and one day I thought… why can’t I do both? So now I’m on a mission to discover why people don’t do both XD. I have a couple of book-things in the works, and will let you know as soon as I publish anything!
- I love reading! At the moment I’m finding science fiction is a fun genre to read, but please don’t ask me to choose a favourite book…
- I watch anime and K-drama. (At the moment, my favourite anime is Shojo Manga Nozaki-kun. It’s on Netflix (I think it’s called Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun on Netflix) and it’s hilarious. My favourite K-drama is The Secret Life of My Secretary but I’m always open for recommendations!)
- I love animals. Especially my own dog, Max, who is just the most adorable little nightmare you’ve ever seen. ❤
- I’m an introvert, but that doesn’t mean I can’t hold a conversation.
- More specifically, I’m a left-handed introvert who can hold a conversation. (I’m running out of things to say…)
- My favourite period in history to learn about is the medieval era, but honestly I’ll take just about anything ancient.
- I can’t wink with my left eye. Idk why you should know that. (Is anyone else like this??)
So that’s… probably too much information about me! 😅 What are some interesting facts about you?